How to play the Spanish Christmas Lottery from Overseas
The Spanish Christmas Lottery can now be played online from abroad on your computer, smartphone or tablet! Sorteo Extraordinario de Navidad awards more than €2 billion in prizes each Christmas to lucky winners. Most famous of these prizes is the mighty El Gordo, creating thousands of new millionaires each year!
Until recently the Spanish Christmas Lottery was only available to people living in Spain, but now you can take part in the world’s biggest lottery by playing the Spanish Christmas Lottery online with Lottoland!
No waiting in long lines. No kiosks sold out of tickets. You can now pick whichever numbers you like right up until 30 minutes before the draw on December 22nd!
- Use the up and down arrows to pick your five digit Spanish Christmas Lottery number. Unlike when buying from a ticket seller, you're not limited by which numbers the seller has, and you're free to pick whatever numbers you'd like.
- Choose your ticket share: you have even more options online than you do buying paper tickets – a full ticket (1/1), a half-ticket (1/2), a quarter-ticket (1/4), a decimo (1/10) , or smaller participations in 1/20th or 1/100th shares.
- Do you want to double your prize? At Lottoland if you select the Double Jackpot by moving the slider from Regular Jackpot to Double Jackpot you’ll pay a bit more for a ticket but it will be worth twice as much if you win the El Gordo.
- Click Submit and you’ll have your shot at this year’s El Gordo jackpot and over €2 billion in prizes on December 22nd.
Why Is The Spanish Christmas Lottery The Most Popular Lottery In The World?
Each year an estimated 90% of the Spanish population (about 40 million people) takes part in the Spanish Christmas Lottery spending on average more than €50 per person! Why is the Spanish Christmas Lottery so popular? Here are the Top 5 reasons:
- It Brings People Together: The Spanish Christmas Lottery is not just a lottery draw, it is an annual fiesta that the Spanish look forward to all year long. The Spanish Christmas Lottery is a chance to gather with family, friends, neighbours, workmates, club members – the more the merrier – and share in the excitement of the draw and, hopefully, the possibly a huge prize!
- It Shares The Wealth: The Spanish Christmas Lottery is very different to your favourite weekly lotto game. Weekly lottos are designed to pay out large sums of cash to small groups of people. The Spanish Christmas Lottery, on the other hand, is all about spreading as much wealth around as possible, creating millions of winners and thousands of El Gordo millionaires!
- It Has Unbeatable Odds: with 1 in 10 chances of winning a prize and a 1 in 100,000 chance of becoming a multi-millionaire, no other lottery in the world comes close to the Spanish Christmas Lottery’s odds.
- Everyone Can Play: the Spanish Christmas Lottery offers players multiple ways to play, from buying full tickets for €249.99 down to 1/100th shares for just €4.99. The most popular way to play traditionally is to buy decimos (1/10th shares) for €34.99 with different groups of family and friends. This makes each entry more affordable and increases your odds of being a winner with more numbers to make winning tickets.
- A Christmas Tradition: dating back to 1812, one of the main reasons Sorteo Extraordinario de Navidad remains so popular is that it makes an easy Christmas present since almost everyone enjoys playing. Can't think of a good stocking filler? You can’t go wrong with a decimo for the Spanish Christmas Lottery!